Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Squash Disappointment


I really like to make my own chicken strips and nuggets. While buying pre-made is easier, I know what is really in my nuggets. It's really not that hard to make.  I made these chicken strips the same way I made my pork nuggets, only I placed them in the oven for a few extra minutes since 
they were a thicker cut.


I made a big batch today, because hubby was home for dinner.



Then I decided to try and make breaded squash. I coated them in egg and breaded them, but was in a rush as both hubby and Dinosaur were rushing me with pains of hunger. I didn't coat them evenly, as you can see.



Even though the squash did NOT turn out how I wanted. How did I want them to look? I wanted them completely coated and to look like round chicken nuggets so Dinosaur would eat them. That didn't work out and he refused to even have them on his plate. He DID eat every bit of chicken and asked for more.


Despite the way the squash turned out, hubby LOVED everything. He cleaned his plate and asked for more. Now, that makes a wife feel good, but I must plan ahead and take more time to coat my squash so son will eat a few of them.  Hmmmm, maybe I can cook broccoli the same way.



Did any of your meals not turn out the way you wanted, but still rocked?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


vintage-cleaning.jpg
Daily:
run washing machine if full, put away dried clothes, clean up disaster areas from Hurricane Dinosaur
Tuesday:
clean bathroom
21st
organize/catch-up day (from yesterday-vacuum inside sofa)

What's your cleaning agenda today? 
  
You can find me on  pinterest   facebook   twitter