Friday, August 10, 2012

Thunder Storms and Speed Racers







1. Thunder storms- love them or hate them? BOTH, I love the view of the rain coming down, the sound of the rain and the crack of thunder. I hate that my son is now scared of them and the damage they cause. Luckily our apartment is on the end of  business strip, so we haven't lost power yet. But, we'll see when the storms get worse.  



2. Do your kids get back to school clothes? No, he's only three and just wears what he normally does to daycare. I'm sure when he gets older I will, but the good thing about a boy is that he won't need outfits, just pants and shirts that kind of match. I hope I am right on that and won't be in for a big surprise when he gets older.

3. Do you golf? Do you watch it? No, I never have and never will. It holds no interest for me. 

4. Showers or baths? I prefer showers, as long as they have a shower head that is detachable so I can clean my shower walls when I am done. I don't think my chunky body will ever fit peacefully into a tub, LOL. Plus I just can never relax in a tub.I'd rather lounge on the couch, in my pajamas, with a class of rum and coke and a good book.



5. What's the strangest meal you ever ate? A few years after dating hubby and I used a gift certificate for valentines day dinner, we stupidly we got the special dinner. It was horrific! They served us caviar and frog legs. I at least tried it and almost threw up. Then there was some spinach and duck combo that look like it had been put on fire. We gave them our gift card, didn't wait for change and high-tailed it to the local diner where we had burgers. 



Photobucket



Dear speed racers

I understand you have someplace to go and think that the road belongs to you. I understand you might be late to work or need to get the best parking space. I understand that you need to beat everyone in life to prove you are number one. I understand, I do. I have places to go, but I NEED to get there. I need to make it home to my son and husband. I need to transport my son safely. If you can't handle that other cars might be on teh road, perhaps you shouldn't be driving. I will not speed just so you can go faster. I will not pull over so you can pass me, I don't trust that you will not hurt us or press on your breaks once you get in front of me. You will simply have to wait till I turn, my concern is not yours, it is my life and my son's life. And on that note, please hang up the phone and pay attention to the road.

Dear Dinosaur,
Please know that I love you with every fiber of my being,. That being said, you most certainly can not have ice pops, lollipops, or almond ice cream in the morning for breakfast. I love you that is why I am saying no. I want you to be healthy and eating a well balanced breakfast is better for you than sugar. No matter how many times you ask, the answer will still be no. No matter how hard you cry and kick the floor, the answer is still no.

Respectfully,
Your Loving Mommy




vintage-cleaning.jpg
Daily:
run washing machine if full, put away dried clothes, clean up disaster areas from Hurricane Dinosaur
Friday:
wipe down bathroom, vacuum living areas
10th
clean cabinets

What's your cleaning agenda today? 
  
You can find me on  pinterest   facebook   twitter