Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Life with a Dinosaur

Found this great article on iVillage 20 things no one told us about raising a boy. and it is SO TRUE. I added it to my pinterest as well.

Everyone thought I was going to have a girl, I didn't care either way, I just wanted to be a mommy. But who would have thought my little 4lb 6oz baby would be a terror? At least he makes life interesting. He will be our only, so I treasure life with him even more.



1. There will be planes, trains, and automobiles AND DINOSAURS



2. Boys don't stop moving NEVER, EVER, EVER STOP MOVING

3. Clothes shopping is easy and cheap AT FIRST IT WAS ANNOYING, NOW I IT IS TRUE, ALMOST EVERYTHING GOES TOGETHER AND SO WHAT IF HE DOESN'T MATCH, HE'S A BOY

4. You will love watching him play with his dad YES, EVEN THOUGH IT SCARES ME AT TIMES


5. The penis comparison stars early IT'S A MAJOR FASCINATION


6. You'll learn to love legos I LOVE PLAYING WITH HIS TOYS

7. Roughhousing is innate EVERYTHING IS MEANT TO BE JUMPED ON


8. You'll want to mold him into a stellar boyfriend HE WILL MAKE THE PERFECT HUSBAND, IF IT KILLS ME


9. The goofiness starts early FARTS AND BURPS ARE HIS FAVORITE JOKES



10. Even sweet-as-pie boys loves guns HOW DID HE EVEN KNOW THEY EXIST?

11.You'll learn to not compare your son to girls ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY SIT AND PLAY SO NICELY

12. Star Wars takes over earlier than you expect TELL ME ABOUT IT

13. You'll probably make a trip to the emergency room NOT YET, THANK GOD

If you can't tell, that's Dinosaur jumping from the ottoman to the couch
14. Sports Obsession can be hardwired I CAN SEE THAT 

15. Pee will be EVERYWHERE FIRST HE NEEDS TO BE POTTY TRAINED

16. You will struggle with gender roles DOESN'T BOTHER ME WHEN HE WANTS PINK ITEMS

17. You will revise your wedding fantasies AND be fine with it. OKAY WITH SAVING MONEY AT HIS WEDDING AND LOOKING FORWARD TO TEACHING HIM HOW TO DANCE

18. Boys sometimes need to hug it out  MOMMY'S HUGS AND KISSES SOLVE EVERYTHING



19. You will throw away tons of clothes STAINS MULTIPLY AND NEVER GO AWAY

20. Boys LOVE their moms A SPECIAL BOND I LOVE MORE THAN ANYTHING



~~~~My own addition to the list~~~~ 21. You learn to relax. WITH A BOY EVERYTHING GETS BROKEN OR DESTROYED, SO DON'T WORRY, JUST GO WITH THE FLOW. 


6 comments:

  1. So true! My son is only 1, but the writing is on the wall for most of these to be true within the month...

    ReplyDelete
  2. boy mom x 2. the list is spot on. i keep threatening to paint my closet pink, just to make it a girl only zone. but i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will make me feel better if I ever have a boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made me feel better knowing that it's normal and not just my crazy son.

      Delete