Thursday, August 16, 2012

You DON'T Know It All







So tired of people telling me about allergies and dairy.

Dinosaur was born at 35 weeks at 4lbs 6oz, due to preeclamapisa, which should have been diagnosed by my FORMER doctor. He was in the NICU for 12 days due to lack of ability to suck. During that time I had numerous people say I was suffering from post-partum depression, which was frustrating and annoying. Everyone WHO HAD NEVER HAD A BABY OR NEVER HAD A BABY IN THE NICU WHILE THEY WERE STUCK IN THE MATERNITY WARD all had comments to make about how it would be okay or how I was feeling. Yes, I was depressed, any mom would be if you had to be let into a locked room to see your newborn son and go home without him. It was NOT what I expected at all. I was mourning for the loss of birth I expected. But, I also loved my son and held, kissed, fed, rocked, and talked to him every chance.

I cried a lot and everyone, but my mother was the only one who understood that I was just sad about the situation, NOT suffering from PPD. Everyone, except my mother, kept giving me advice and told me stories which only pissed me off more.

He couldn’t breast feed and I had numerous infections in a two-month span, so I decided to do formula and I am very happy with my decision, but that is a story for another day. He spent so much time at doctor’s appointments and was put on inhalers for asthma, since my father-in-law and  SIL's oldest son have asthma issues. I kept asking if he was allergic to dairy, but doctors and everyone else said NO.

He was then put on a very special and expensive formula with no soy or dairy, and he was a little better, but still sick all the time. Then he started drinking milk, because I was bombarded that milk was what he needed and he would be fine. Well, his "outside allergies" got worse and was going to be put on a higher dose of singular.  His colds were horrific, when he got sick he would be sick for up to two weeks and I would have to sleep with him for about three nights, because he coughed ALL NIGHT.

Thankfully I went to a chiropractor recommended to me and after casually talking about son's allergies he suggested I take son off all dairy for five days. Now, I have IBS and can't have any dairy myself, but was pissed that I should have listened to myself. So I immediately took him off all dairy, which was hard to do at first, and gave him almond and rice milk to drink and substituted soy cheese for regular cheese. Well, needless to say after only three days, all his allergies disappeared. He did NOT need any singular, and I have not used the inhaler for asthma since I took him off dairy over a year ago.

Of course some people can't handle that and every time they see me have comments to make. They insist  that I get him tested for allergies to prove that I am wrong. They insist that Dinosaur will grow out of it. They insist that because FIL has allergies, Dinosaur does too. Well, could it be that FIL should eliminate dairy and maybe half of his allergies would go away.

I am NOT forcing anyone else to go dairy free, I am not forcing my beliefs that cow's milk really isn't healthy for anyone and should only be fed to cows. I feel..."LIVE AND LET LIVE", so why do other people feel the need to get me to live how they want? Is my son's lack of reactions to outside allergies not enough evidence? Is my son's ability to now sleep through the night with a cold not enough evidence? Is my son's lack of need for medicine not enough evidence?

Or how about, it's not your flipping business what I choose to feed my son. It don't care if you have three, ten, or one kid, you are NOT my child's parent. You do not get to tell me how to raise my son.

I have never been good around know-it-all people and would always speak my mind. Now, I am just getting nasty and braver. Perhaps I should print out all the evidence that dairy causes allergies just hand it to him and other annoying people and tell them to get their facts straight before they decide to talk about what they know nothing about.

Anyway, I knew there was something wrong with my pregnancy, but everyone kept telling me after six years of trying to get pregnant I should stop complaining and enjoy it. I WAS RIGHT, I had preeclampsia

I knew that having that breathing tube down his nose into his throat and his failure to suck was going to result in speech issues and I WAS RIGHT! Dinosaur had speech services for a year. 

I knew that once  all his allergies disappeared, he was in fact allergic to dairy, and he has been better ever since, I WAS RIGHT.

Thank you for letting me rant today.



vintage-cleaning.jpg
Daily:
run washing machine if full, put away dried clothes, clean up disaster areas from Hurricane Dinosaur
Thursday:
dust all furniture
16th
wipe down cabinets

What's your cleaning agenda today? 
  
You can find me on  pinterest   facebook   twitter