Friday, August 17, 2012

Spiders, Waiting Room & the Zoo



1. What's the one thing you buty every time you walk into the store? If it's Trader Joe's then it's almond and rice milk, we go through that like crazy and always seem to need more. If it's the supermarket, then whatever meat is on sale. If it's Walgreens or Rite Aide, then it's cereal and/or bread.

2. If you had a day all to yourself how would you spend it? First I would get some blogging done, read a good crime book and watch a movie. All while, eating food without having to share food with anyone (I am assuming our dog is out of the house too)


3. Are you a speed limit driver? If not, over or under? Definately an under or right at speed limit. I am too scared of the other reckless drivers speeding and talking/texting behind the wheel.

4. What's your favorite dessert to make, homemade or from a mix? apple cobbler, I cut apples, place in cast iron skillet, sprinkle with a mixture of pancake mix and butter (I use dairy free butter). Heat in the oven at 300 for twenty minutes and perfection. You could do this with any fruit, but I love it with apples. I will have to post about this one Tuesday.

5. Would you rather have a spider or a mouse scurry across your face (no copping out and saying "neither!!")? OMG, I would rather have a mouse than a spider, spiders are evil creatures that plot and plan your destruction. Yes, I have an irrational fear of spiders (ugh, I feel one crawling on me now)

Photobucket


Dear Beardsley Zoo Maintenance Worker,
Thank you so much for coming so fast to our aid. I can't believe we got into this situation (read below) and would have been waiting for god knows how long for Geico. So when you came and jump started our car, and then refused to take a tip you became an angel in my book. Thank you so much. I truly hope karma returns you good blessing in the near future.
Thanks, from the mother of the sick boy, daughter of the angry dad, and wife of the annoyed hubby

Dear Lady Parts Doctor
I understand you are popular doctor, but scheduling appointments every ten minutes is ridiculous. You have five patients waiting while you have only two rooms available AND you always run late. How about you schedule them twenty minutes apart, might make it easier on the ONE nurse you have in the office.
Sincerely the patient with not enough time to sit in your waiting room for forty minutes

~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~

We had fun at Beardsley Zoo with my parents. If you live in CT area, Beardsley Zoo is an awesome place to take your family. It's big enough to spend most of the day, they have an indoor carousel that you can eat your lunch in and a large picnic area. Even though Dinosaur got a fever once again while at the zoo, he still had a great time. The last time we were at the zoo he was two, now at three he is experiencing as a big boy. He led the way and told us which exhibits we had to see.

with Pop Pop, La La, and Daddy


 Dinosaur was happy to touch the baby alligator, he wanted to help holding the snake, but he didn't get called. I tell you Dinosaur is NOT scared of anything...well except loud noises and thunder storms. But alligators, snakes, snapping turtles... please, he would scare them. LOL


He loved petting the goats and talking back to the roosters. He kept repeating what the rooster was saying, "Cock-a-doo-doo".


He was so happy to take a picture pretending he was an otter. But we
got a shock when we went out to my car and it was dead. DEAD. Hubby makes me keep a
charger in the car, but it was out of juice. Thankfully, the zoo was terrific about getting
my car started and refused to take a tip. 

~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~

vintage-cleaning.jpg
Daily:
run washing machine if full, put away dried clothes, clean up disaster areas from Hurricane Dinosaur
Friday:
wipe down bathroom, vacuum living areas
17th
clean car

What's your cleaning agenda today? 
  
You can find me on  pinterest   facebook   twitter