Thursday, July 12, 2012

Mommy's awesome sauce and meatballs

Hubby and son love this, as Italian men they can't NOT eat pasta, sauce and meatballs.

As with all my recipes, I don't follow directions too well. I like to make it up as I go along. I find that makes my dinners rock. 















Ingredients:
Jar sauce
1/2 cup water
frozen meatballs
oregano, chives, parsley, diced garlic and onions
two sausage links, with skin removed.
Cast Iron Skillet

Directions:
Cook sausage and break up into small pieces in cast iron skillet on stove top.

Once sausage is 3/4 cooked, shut off stove top

Add sauce, water, seasonsings, meatballs to skillett

Put top on and place in oven at 300 degrees for half hour

*we have an electric stove, which cooks quite fast. Before we moved, our gas stove took a long time to cook. 

**Yes, they are frozen meatballs and jarred sauce. No I do not cook from scratch. If you are one of those moms that can do that, then good for you. I don't try to be someone I'm not or try things that I know aren't for me. My son thinks I'm super mom and that is good enough for me.