Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Mini Banana Muffins and Leftover Egg Muffins

Dinosaur loves to eat food he can hold in his hand. He can eat with a fork and spoon rather nicely, but the best way he eats is when he eats with his hands. As moms know, we have to get our kids to eat anyway we can.

I love taking a trusted banana bread mix and using it to make mini muffins. I follow the directions, instead I pour the batter into a mini cupcake pan.
 
 
Dinosaur loves to lick the spoon and being an only child you get to lick two spoons! 




  


After they are done, they look so yummy and smell delightful. They are the perfect size for Dinosaur's hands.



 

 These are perfect for daycare as breakfast or lunch, or even dessert with coconut or soy ice cream

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After seeing this all over pinterest, I had to try it. I chopped up our leftovers from the diner (chicken fingers, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and french fries)  and put them in a bowl with four eggs. I added parsley, onion, curry and garlic.
 

 They came out so unbelievably delicious. Dinosaur ate them right up.


Reminds me of quiche, may have to make these when company comes over. Would make a great appetizer.