Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Dino in Cooperstown


In this post, Names have been changed and faces covered up for privacy .

On our trip to Cooperstown was an adventure, yeah an adventure, I'll go with that. Hubby played on Double Day Field and we went with him and it was exactly what I expected it to be, a disaster. While we went with Hubby's sister and her husband and their three kids and nephew, it was NOT the place for my Dinosaur. 

They were all older, except for Cousin Judy who is only 18 months. Dinosaur needs constant activities to keep him busy or he will become destructive. Cooperstown, even though beautiful and historic, was not going to fulfill that need for Dinosaur. 

Watching daddy play was NOT fun for him, climbing up and down the bleachers was the fun part, but could not let him do that with a bunch of people around who were trying to watch the game.

watching daddy and Uncle T play on the field

T at bat!

T catching
I tried to keep him running from store walls to me at the sidewalk each time someone went into a store, which was not an easy task. He kept tyring to run in the street and continually bumped into people during his fits. All he wanted was to go back to Sesame Place, I felt so bad for him. 

SIL and her hubby did their best to show me all that Cooperstown had to offer. There was the Fly Creek Ceder Mill that had a small play area and Dinosaur loved it; and running around the store trying all the pretzel and chip samples. But that was good for about an hour and half, and then he was back to boring stuff.

Nephews and their cousin pretending to chase Dinosaur running around the play area.
They sure did a good job of keeping him busy.

Dinosaur with his Buddy, he always asks for Buddy. He LOVES Buddy

Dinosaur going down slide, Aunt Ada and cousin Judy watching
Dinosaur got a fever and sniffles Saturday night, so of course I got almost no sleep. I had to run off by myself Sunday morning to CVS to get son medicine. His temperature was temporarily lowered, but kept rising back up. Hubby didn't get to go to the museum, but he as been there three times before so it's really no loss. 

We had originally wanted to go without Dinosaur on Sunday night, so Hubby could shower after the game and relax. But BIL talked Hubby into going with Dinosaur Saturday into Sunday. If an opportunity like this pops up again, I am going WITHOUT Dinosaur, I need a freaking break and time to myself AND time alone with Hubby.

I know some people take their kids with thme and make the kids adjust, but with Dinosaur that doens't work. 

Do you take your kids on adult vacations and make them adjust? Or do you leave them at home? Or perhaps only go on kid-friendly trips? 




vintage-cleaning.jpg
Daily:
run washing machine if full, put away dried clothes, clean up disaster areas from Hurricane Dinosaur
Wednesday:
vacuum bedrooms
15th
catch-up day/declutter---now I can clean the fridge and microwave)

What's your cleaning agenda today? 
  
You can find me on  pinterest   facebook   twitter